Well that's another birthday out of the way... but boy did the celebrations last! They started Friday night with a nice dinner at home and some champagne with the lovely Andrew. Saturday saw the arrival of Andrew's stag activities, my Mum and bestest friend from school, Kelly.
Saturday started with breakfast and present opening with Andrew. He then headed out for the day to go quad biking with the lads. Mum arrived, queue more present opening then we "popped" into town to get David fitted for his wedding suit and buy Mum's final Mother of the Bride outfit accessory - the all important handbag. We did a bit of traipsing, but soon found a perfect bag. Although we did look like shoplifters, taking the bag outside to daylight to compare it against the outfit... several bags later we decided on a lovely satin, scrunched, dark maroon (and a bit brown), clutch bag. Not a very good description I know!!! We even got a discount due to a small (and I mean almost pin prick size) mark on it... I pushed Mum to ask for money off if they didn't have a new one out the back. They didn't, and the result? A huge 25% discount!!! She's good. This is a new phase of mine to blag discounts at every given opportunity... Bought some new shoes in the sale, they were £35 reduced to £15 and I blagged another 10% off!!! To some it just comes naturally I guess....
Shopping done, we headed home to find Kelly and Will had arrived. Andrew was also back so we had lunch, drank copious amounts of tea. Then the boys got ready and went out for a Thai dinner and plenty of beer! We headed to the shop to select our tipple for the evening. Then we got a Chinese and settled in for the night. Chatting, monopoly and MTV were added to the mix and after 24 bottles of Smirnoff Ice, a Chinese and some popcorn we were drunk, full and had the giggles - we had a brilliant time!! Midnight came and went and the boys rolled in at just after 1am, at which point we all wobbled to our respective beds.
Sunday morning some were nursing hangovers (well Andrew anyway) which were soon fixed by the arrival of my Dad and little brother Martin, who had been at the Stag do the night before. Obviously that meant even more present opening! I am so spoiled... and I love it!!! We decided to have an impromptu BBQ, and to smoke out the neighbours by lighting up the chimnea (which to be honest has never worked particularly well - but still be persist). Once the meat bit was out of the way we melted marshmallows on sticks summer camp stylee until we felt sick! Then everyone headed off home, leaving us to wash up!
A very successful birthday and stag weekend! This weekend (12th) sees the long awaited Hen Night.... Antics to follow!!
Sunday, 6 May 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
24 bottles of Smirnoff Ice?!? ... you make me feel old! :-) Sounds like you are having loads of fun - can't wait for the hen night update!
That was between 3 people mind! I would have died if I had drunk all that myself!!!
Post a Comment