
Wow, what a day!!! SO much happened - some planned, some a surprise but it was all wonderful. Getting ready was absolute mayhem as a result I think from taking such a relaxed start to the day. The photographer arrived to take some pictures then time just melted away... we got dressed headed down to the waiting car (surprise number 1 organised by Andrew's boss - a Bentley). Waived off the bridesmaids and my Mum before Dad and I made a slow trip along the road to the church. I was early and caught everyone off guard!!! No way I was gonna be late - I was too excited! As we rolled up outside the church the bells were peeling (surprise number 2 organised by Andrew's Mum and Dad) which started me crying!
Dad, as tradition dictates, escorted me up the aisle. When we get to the top Andrew turns to me and say "cor, you look nice" - his usual chilled out self. We sang a hymn I wobbled though my vows with Andrew trying to stop me from crying (tears of joy or course) and then we were married. I couldn't believe it we still had 2 hymns, the sermon and the register signing to go!!! Having met the vicar a few times and after the hilarious rehearsal we should have realised that the vicar would remain slightly mad for the actual day... He went on for ages, luckily neither Andrew or I noticed we were too busy giggling like newly weds - funny that.
We left the church to the sound of the bells and headed for more pictures around the back of the church, confetti and a pelting with rice!!! Then to the reception venue for speeches and food, dancing and cake, fireworks and champagne, then finally to bed. Definitely the most amazing day of my life. If you find "the one" grab on with both hands!!
If you want to look at more pictures log onto www.myshoot.co.uk. Look for Mr & Mrs French, the ID is FRENCH, the password is T55X.
No comments:
Post a Comment