Monday, 26 March 2007

Glad Rags & Hangovers

Today I am suffering with the hangover from hell, which has left me with the all too familiar feeling of "never again"!! It was the annual awards dinner at the hotel, and although I am now only part-time I threw myself into the party spirit with great gusto. But now that I am a light weight when it comes to the booze (2 glasses of wine REALLY is my limit now) today was hard.

Especially when I woke to find Andrew had left me a list of chores! I took the day off from my real job as I knew that I would end up feeling like this and therefore completely useless at work. My list comprised of many things only 2 and a half that I managed to complete. The hardest being grocery shopping. It's so hard to concentrate on buying food when you've had 2 hours sleep (I jest if course... it just felt like it). What made it so hard was not spotting the bargains, picking out the best cuts of meat or even finding a parking space. It was all down to 1 item on the list, scrawled neatly in Andrews writing the word WINE. The last thing I wanted to do was select some finely trodden fruit...! I did it though - courageous me. But what a punishment!

Still I looked really pretty in my new dress, had a handsome man on my arm, was nominated for an award (didn't win - but still really pleased to be short listed), and won a 2 night stay in Edinburgh in the raffle. That'll do pig....

2 comments:

Mom de Plume said...

he he Hope you are sufficiently recovered to buy more wine now - that would surely be a KATastrophy!

frenchrowe said...

you ain't kidding!!!